Rules:
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB.com and find a quote from each movie.3. Post them for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO cheating, if you don't know any of them then that's just too bad. :)
So...here are my quotes for 15 of my favorite movies. Have fun! :)
1.
Character 1: What's the matter with that girl? Can't she take a gentle hint?
Character 2: Well haven't ya heard? She's irresistible. She told me so herself.
2.
Character 1: Madam, your wife, and I, didn't hit it off too well the only time I met her. I'm not saying she was very silly, but one of us was very silly, and it wasn't me.
3.
Character 1: Is that to be General Meagher's position then?
Character 2: He's takin' the privilege of an officer; defendin' the rear.
Character 3: He's got a lame knee for pity's sake.
Character 1: Fair enough. Somebody's got to keep General Burnside company.
4.
Character 1: I want it to be a soft green, not as blue-green as a robin's egg, but not as yellow-green as daffodil buds. Now, the only sample I could get is a little too yellow, but don't let whoever does it go to the other extreme and get it too blue. It should just be a sort of grayish-yellow-green. Now, the dining room. I'd like yellow. Not just yellow; a very gay yellow. Something bright and sunshine-y. I tell you, Mr. PeDelford, if you'll send one of your men to the grocer for a pound of their best butter, and match that exactly, you can't go wrong! Now, this is the paper we're going to use in the hall. It's flowered, but I don't want the ceiling to match any of the colors of the flowers. There's some little dots in the background, and it's these dots I want you to match. Not the little greenish dot near the hollyhock leaf, but the little bluish dot between the rosebud and the delphinium blossom. Is that clear? Now the kitchen is to be white. Not a cold, antiseptic hospital white. A little warmer, but still, not to suggest any other color but white. Now for the powder room - in here - I want you to match this thread, and don't lose it. It's the only spool I have and I had an awful time finding it! As you can see, it's practically an apple red. Somewhere between a healthy winesap and an unripened Jonathan. Oh, excuse me...
Character 2: You got that Charlie?
Character 3: Red, green, blue, yellow, white.
Character 2: Check.
5.
Character 1: I must say, though, the worst of Bath is the number of plain women. I frequently observe that one pretty face would be followed by five and thirty frights, and as for the men, Oh.
6.
Character 1: Boy, you should have been there!
Character 2: I know, I know, it was a wonderful party, and your suit went over big, and she looked beautiful, and when you left she said, "Thank you, Mr. Smith," but it was the way she said it, you nearly fell through the floor. Horseradish!
7.
Character 1: All right, I'll take you on, but the minute I catch you using that brain of yours to make trouble, off you go.
Character 2: Reckon I'll leave my brains at home, then.
8.
Character 1:You hop aboard my magic carpet and I'll show you sights that you've never seen before.
Character 2: Well, I'd kinda like to see Grant's tomb and the Statue of Liberty.
Character 1: Well, you'll not only see those, but before the evening's half through, you'll be leaning against the Leaning Tower of Pisa, you'll mount Mount Everest, I'll show you the Pyramids and all the little pyramidees, leaping from sphinx to sphinx!
9.
Character 1: Almost at the moment He died, I heard Him say, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Character 2: Even then.
Character 1: Even then. And I felt His voice take the sword out of my hand.
10.
Character 1: ...It takes courage. You know everybody's afraid to live.
Character 2: You ought to hear Grandpa on that subject. You know he says most people nowadays are run by fear. Fear of what they eat, fear of what they drink, fear of their jobs, their future, fear of their health. They're scared to save money, and they're scared to spend it. You know what his pet aversion is? The people who commercialize on fear, you know they scare you to death so they can sell you something you don't need.
11.
Character 1: There's something delicious about writing those first few words of a story. You can never quite tell where they will take you. Mine took me here, where I belong.
12.
Character 1: If you do not marry Mr. Collins I shall never see you again!
Character 2: (Speaking to character 3) an unhappy alternative lies before you, I'm afraid . Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr Collins, and I will never see you again if you do.
13.
Character 1: It promotes the war effort, patriotism, and all that.
Character 2: Since when have you been interested in the war effort, patriotism, and... all that?
Character 1: I'm not. (grins)
14.
Character 1: You can begin to live until you'v lost everything.
15.
Character 1: Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he
Guess away, You have until October 23rd.
And have fun!!
*haha* So glad you did this ;)
ReplyDeleteWe definitely need to keep this thing circulating ;)
Okay, so...here are my guesses...
#1 - Singing in the Rain
#3 - Gods and Generals!
#5 - Persuasion
#6 - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington ;)
#7 - oh, oh, I know this one, but the title of the movie isn't coming to me at the moment!! :P Ugh!
#8 - Oh, oh, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town!! ;)
#9 - Ben-Hur
#12 - Pride and Prejudice
#15 - It's a Wonderful Life
Okay, let me know which ones of those are correct! ;)
By the way, girl, if you're looking for someone to totally re-do your blog, you should check out Practically Pink (Emily Nichols)...she's the one that did my new look! I'm just trying to promote her soon-to-be-business ;) I know she would appreciate it if you looked her up!www.practicallypink.blogspot.com
Blessings,
~miss Raquel
Oh I know 12 is from Pride and Prejudice. Unfortunately I have no clue about the others :S
ReplyDelete