Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Today's recipe

Today, as you should know, is recipe day, so here is a recipe for salsa that I made yesterday.

Two ripe tomatoes (preferably homegrown)
One medium or large onion, depending on your taste, I used red onions.
Half a bunch of fresh cilantro (and if you are like my family, put more in)
Three medium or two large cloves of garlic ( and DO NOT use that stuff out of a jar)
Three jalapeƱo peppers that have been seeded and the membrane (that white stuff inside) taken out.
A dash of lime juice
One 14 oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilies.


Chop the first three ingredients into medium chunks. After seeding the peppers dice into small pieces. Mince the garlic. mix all ingredients in large bowl and set in refrigerator overnight or for at least two hours.

Enjoy!!
See full size image


4 comments:

  1. Hi Libby!
    I'm Victoria, a CollegePlus! friend of your brother's. Your blog is really great!
    And it's really funny, because my Mom recently started a craze for this salsa, except that we haven't used garlic or lime juice. And also, we substitute Chinese hot peppers for the jalapeƱos, which happens to mean we only need one hot pepper ;) .
    Nice to "meet" you and God bless!
    ~Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It's nice to "meet" you too. I kinda know who you are because momma and Alex met you last December, I think.
    Since I'v never tried a Chinese hot pepper I don't know how it would taste but it sounds good (especially since I like spicy food, even though no one else in my family does) :D
    Blessings,
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, ok... yes, I did meet your brother and mother last year.
    *high fives Libby* Yay for spicy food! You should try dried hot peppers - they tasted goooood. :D
    Blessings,
    ~Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll see if I can convince mamma to get some. :D

    ReplyDelete